AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOTS LICENCE (ATPL)
An Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) is the highest level of aircraft pilot certificate. Those certified as airline transport pilots (unconditional) are authorized to act as pilot in command on scheduled air carriers’ aircraft. Pilots must hold an ATPL before they can be pilot in command on an aircraft with 9 or more passenger seats.
- The minimum age for one to be issued with an Air Transport Pilot License is 21.
- One must demonstrate the ability to read, speak, write and understand the English language.
- Be in possession of a valid Class 1 Medical certificate
- Be in possession of a valid Commercial Pilot’s License
- Achieve minimum flight time as stipulated in the Civil aviation regulations.
- Pass all stipulated theory examinations